E307 - Starting a Marketing Agency Part 2 of 6 (Julie Nichols, Owner of Julie Nichols Marketing)
October 13, 2023
On this episode, Julie Nichols, Owner of Julie Nichols Marketing, gives us a real-time glimpse into this phase of starting a marketing agency and how she's navigating these challenges. Join us for Pt. 2 of our 6-part series: Starting a Marketing Agency - The Honeymoon is Over.
The Honeymoon is over!
Starting a marketing agency is exciting and fun at first. But then reality sets in, and the challenges and pressure start to surface.
On today's podcast, Julie Nichols, Owner of Julie Nichols Marketing, gives us a real-time glimpse into this phase of starting a marketing agency and how she's navigating these challenges. Join us for Pt. 2 of our 6-part series: Starting a Marketing Agency - The Honeymoon is Over.
Julie Nichols is a digital marketing consultant with over 12 years of experience empowering small businesses, non-profits, and solopreneurs by providing expert strategy and execution for content, brand, and social media marketing. She's the powerhouse marketing amplifier, primed to ignite the party and bring it to your doorstep. Julie understands that digital marketing can be overwhelming, especially if you've mainly relied on referral business. With her energetic-yet-nurturing approach, she'll break down all the marketing basics for you, ensuring you grasp the "why" behind every strategy.
- Initial optimism and hope shifted to the reality of running an agency - 0:02
- Facing challenges with leads drying up and financial stress. - 7:40
- How to overcome objections and ensure clarity during discovery calls, and how to present proposals. - 13:46
- The importance of personal branding and finding your target market on LinkedIn. 25:14
- Overcoming imposter syndrome and the importance of recognizing one's own authority and accomplishments. - 30:58
- The ups and downs of entrepreneurship and the need to focus on opportunities rather than dwelling on setbacks. - 36:21
- Building a strong network and implementing systems in order to grow Julie's business in the long term rather than getting caught up in short-term, low-paying tasks. - 42:06
- Creating a content calendar for the business and documenting Julie's process to build trust and authority with her audience. - 47:52
- Challenges of personal and professional growth, the importance of mental fitness, and the commitment to physical exercise. - 53:29
You can find Julie on her website: julienicholsmarketing.com
If you liked this episode, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!